Nomination Forms were open from 23 March to 2 June 2023. The awards committee has reviewed nominations and finalists will be announced on Thursday, 14 September 2023.
Nominations Invitation 2023
Call for Catalyst 2030 Awards 2023 Nominations
The third Catalyst 2030 Awards will be held on the 8 November 2023. We are asking you to support us in accelerating systems change by celebrating those who do it well. Please nominate the funder(s), governments, bi/multilaterals, philanthropists or corporates you most admire for a Catalyst 2030 Award.
The current ecosystem seldom facilitates effective collaboration between social entrepreneurs and potential partners. This remains one of the biggest challenges for the delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Improving this collaboration is a central objective of the Catalyst 2030 community.
The Catalyst Awards are a means of celebrating key supporters on our journey towards achieving the SDGs through bottom-up collaborations. By shining a light on the donors/stakeholders who support social innovation and entrepreneurship , we hope to redefine best practices and inspire others to follow their example. This will help to accelerate systems change while challenging current power dynamics.
To be part of the change you want to see, please nominate those who have helped you in your journey, or whom you have seen collaborate most effectively with other social entrepreneurs.
There are four categories in which we seek inspiring awardees.
Overall Awards Criteria
The overall criteria for the Awards were developed from the collective expertise of Catalyst 2030 members. For each Awards category there are also specific criteria to consider. These are based on recommendations in the reports published by Catalyst 2030: Embracing Complexity, Catalysing Collaborations, New Allies, and An Investigation into Financing Transformation. Learn more here. In addition, the General Ethical Framework was developed and is available here.
Bilaterals and Multilaterals
Nomination Forms for the Awards Categories
Nominations for the Catalyst 2030 Awards for 2023 have closed.
Bilaterals and Multilaterals
When nominating, please be aware that:
- Everyone can submit nominations, but Catalyst 2030 members choose the finalists.
- You do not have to submit nominations for every category.
- You may submit more than one nomination per category.
- Your nominee should be aligned with Catalyst 2030’s values.
- Your nominee should treat social entrepreneurs with respect, encourage diversity, promote collaboration and support systems change.
- This award is only open to donors, philanthropists, governments, bi-/multilateral organisations or corporates that have been working closely with social entrepreneurs, towards the SDGs and systems change. Catalyst members are not eligible.
- Catalyst 2030 Awards winners from 2021 and 2022 may not be renominated. However, 2021 and 2022 Awards finalists are eligible.
- All nominations are treated in the strictest confidence.
- Your nomination cannot be processed unless all the questions are fully answered.
Please note, when filling out the form:
- You can preview and edit your answers even after completing the form. However, once you click ‘done’ you are no longer able to revise your answers.
- You cannot print a record of your answer after you complete the form, but you can email to Liina@catalyst2030.net to receive a pdf file of your submitted form.
Nominations are open from 23 March to 2 June 2023
Nominations will be assessed by an independent jury, who will draw up a shortlist. In the spirit of Catalyst 2030’s commitment to bottom-up democratic participation, there will be a confidential vote by members to select the winner in each category from the shortlist developed by the judges. Please refer to the Catalyst 2030 Awards website here for more information about the process. After we receive a nomination form from you, you may hear back from us with additional questions.
You may consult your colleagues or others before nominating. As the timeline below indicates, the nomination process is now open. Please submit a nomination by 5:00 pm Pacific Time (PT) on Friday, 2 June 2023.
- Awards Committee Co-chairs: Sohini Bhattacharya and Matthew Bishop
- Awards Committee Members: Cherry Achando, Nwando Ajene, Winifred Awinpoya Atanga, Lorelle Bell, Jeroo Billimoria, Leigh-Ann Dewing, Kim Normand Dobrin, Colin McElwee, Emily Kasriel, Liina Liblik, Matthew Patten, Kristine Pearson, Bobby Smith, Bram van Eijk, Karen Vollaire
- Awards Criteria Supported by: Andrea Coleman, Rana Dajani, Rebecca Dray, Valeria Duflot, Fredrik Galtung, Avary Kent, Eva Marszewski, Dan Viederman
Catalyst 2030 Awards 2023 Timeline
- 23 March – 2 June: Nominations Open
- 3 June – 15 July: Due Diligence
- 16 July – 10 September: Awards Reviews, Voting & Selection
- 11-17 September: Finalists Contacted
- 18 September – 6 November: Finalists Stories
- 8 November: Awards Ceremony 2023