The Catalyst 2030 Awards Process
Collaboration is an integral part of everything Catalyst 2030 does, and the awards selection process is no different.
Preparation and Development Phase
- In July 2021, an Awards Committee was formed for the 2022 period.
- The comprehensive Awards criteria were developed based on the collective expertise of the Catalyst 2030 membership, building off the New Allies and New Allies Handbook, Catalysing Collaboration, Embracing Complexity, and An Investigation into Financing Transformation reports.
- Nominations will open from 15 November 2021 – 7 February 2022.
- Members are asked to nominate actors committed to systems change who have been key to their work. Nominators should ensure that their nominees are aligned with Catalyst 2030’s values and that the nominee treats social entrepreneurs with respect, encourages diversity and collaboration and supports systems change.
- Catalyst 2030 members can access nomination forms here during the nomination period.
The Awards Committee receives and reviews the list of eligible Award nominees. The Committee, which is divided into sub-committees based on the award categories, shortlists the nominees.
- The long and short list of nominees will be reviewed and approved by the Incubation Board.
- Both the long list of nominees and the final shortlisted nominees will be reviewed and approved by the General Assembly.
- The Jury reviews and approves shortlist nominees.
- Finally, the Incubation Board, samples membership opinion.
- The Award finalists are informed by personal email. Members and non-members are invited to the Awards Ceremony.
Awards Selection Process
Guidelines for Nominations
When nominating, please be aware that:
- Only Catalyst 2030 members may submit nominations. (More information about membership here)
- Catalyst members are ineligible for nomination.
- You do not have to submit nominations for every category. You may submit more than one nomination per category.
- Your nominee must be aligned with Catalyst 2030’s values.
- Your nominee must treat social entrepreneurs with respect, encourage diversity, collaboration, and support systems change.
- This award is open only to donors, philanthropists, governments, bi-/multilateral organisations or corporates that have been working closely with social entrepreneurs, the SDGs and systems change.
- Catalyst 2030 Awards winners from 2021 may not be renominated.
- 2021 Awards finalists are eligible for renomination.
- All nominations are treated in the strictest confidence. The nominee should not be informed that they have been nominated to maintain the neutrality of the process.